Ads 468x60px

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Preview: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Noir and Ultimate)

With Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions' fourth and final locale out of the bag (it is "Ultimate" Spidey, as many surmised), Activision was showing off the first playable build of the game at a pre-Comic-Con event last night. I played both the newly revealed Ultimate Spidey, in his black symbiote suit, and the Noir version.

While I wasn't clued in to the game's multidimensional, overarching story (perhaps at the Comic-Con panel then?), I did get a feel for the combat, which is arguably the make-or-break component of the game. Though I only played within two of the game's four universes, I found the combat to be solid -- if a little shallow -- and in practice it came together better than I had expected after watching a developer play the game last month.
Spider Man: Shattered Dimensions (Comic-Con)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Easiest way to earn money online